Hartselle Newspapers, Inc., a media company that publishes award-winning newspapers, magazines and websites in Alabama’s Tennessee Valley, is seeking a staff reporter.
This position includes general assignment reporting, feature writing, some photography and some sports reporting. Quality of life here is as good as it gets and opportunity for advancement—with our company and others— is nearly limitless.
This full-time opportunity offers competitive salary and benefits. Compensation plan includes base weekly salary, health/dental insurance, 401(k), paid life and disability insurance, retirement plan, paid holidays and paid sick leave.
Our products include:
- The Hartselle Enquirer, a weekly newspaper with a daily online focus.
- The Morgan Countian, a weekly newspaper covering areas of Morgan County outside of Hartselle.
- Hartselle Living Magazine, monthly lifestyle magazine.
• Solid writing, researching and interviewing skills
• Fluent in AP style and strict adherence to grammar rules
• Experience in InDesign & Pagination
• Valid driver’s license, car insurance and a vehicle
• Excellent time management and organizational skills
• Bachelor’s degree in journalism or related field preferred
• Competency in photography and social media preferred
To apply: Email résumé and writing samples to Publisher Randy Garrison at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 256 286 0233.