The APA Hall of Honor award was created to recognize former Alabama Newspaper Executives who have brought honor to the newspaper industry in this state.
To identify past leaders in our industry whose memory should be honored…
- The APA Hall of Honor award was created to recognize former Alabama Newspaper Executives who have brought honor to the newspaper industry in this state.
- The committee will induct two honorees each year.
- Inductees will be deceased former Alabama newspaper executives who have brought honor to the newspaper industry in Alabama. They may also be recognized for some strong contribution to their city or state.
- An inductee must have been deceased for more than five years.
- Their leadership in the Alabama Press Association will also be a factor for consideration.
- Nominees not inducted one year will be carried forward for consideration the next year, as moved and approved by the committee members.
- Please contact the APA office for information regarding those eligible for induction.
The induction ceremony will be held at Auburn University in the Alabama Newspaper Hall of Honor Room, which serves as the newspaper reading room at Auburn’s Ralph Brown Draughon Library
Click here to download the criteria, information and nomination form.
Click here to download a list of past honorees.
For more information please contact Felicia Mason at 1-800-264-7043.